The Royal Norfolk Show is just a week away and this year’s show will be packed with a host of exciting family attractions, experiences and more!
From vintage fairground rides and science experiments to countryside and animal displays, the Royal Norfolk Show on Wednesday 29th June and Thursday 30th June at the Norfolk Showground will be bursting with entertainment for all ages!
Caroline Ellis, Marketing Executive for the Royal Norfolk Show, said: “The Royal Norfolk Show is home to a huge range of family attractions, and we’re delighted to offer free entry to under 5s and also money-saving family tickets to make it even more accessible and affordable for families.
“Entertainment for the family can be found right across the showground including the ever-popular pig-racing in the Countryside Ring, interactive science activities in the Discovery Zone, a new and improved rare-breeds farm, the first-ever Shetland Pony Derby in the Grand Ring – plus motorcycle stunt teams, parachutists, singers and over 3,000 animals – many of which you’ll be able to touch, stroke and feed!
“There will also be a wealth of food and drink vendors on-site whether it’s a barista coffee for mum, a pizza for dad or an ice cream to keep your little one(s) happy!”
Here are a few family highlights to get ready for:
- Discovery Zone – This year’s Discovery Zone will provide a host of exciting experiences including The Potato Trail where children can not only learn how potatoes are grown but also make their very own chips in the Chip Factory! Young creepy crawly lovers will be able to enjoy the SAW Trust’s hands-on Wimpy Weeds and Ugly Bugs experience and the Norwich Science Festival will be hosting a number of activities and experiments including using smarties to explore the science of nutrition and how smelly garlic can be used to protect potatoes!
- Broads Village – Families and children will once again be able to get active in the Broads Village with a range of water and wildlife activities including pond-dipping, nature trails, lifesaving and canoeing. Plus, there will also be the opportunity to earn goodies and badges from the Broads National Park team.
- Agricultural Demonstration Area – The Agricultural Demonstration Area is a new feature of the show for 2022 and will host live, big beast machinery displays featuring combine harvesters, chaser bins and sprayers as they prepare for the upcoming harvest season! Full programme can be found here – https://www.royalnorfolkshow.co.uk/events/agricultural-demonstrations/
- Rare Breeds Farm – In partnership with the Rare Breeds Survival Trust (RBST) the Rare Breeds Farm is perfect for the smaller members of the family. The farm will feature some of the country’s and region’s rarest animal breeds including sheep, goats, horses and cattle. Plus, weighing in at almost one ton, this year’s star feature will be the rarest heavy horse breed local to East Anglia!
- Grand Ring – And don’t forget this year’s show will be packed with jaw-dropping family excitement in the Grand Ring with the likes of The Bolddog Lings Motorcycle Display team performing breath-taking mid-air tricks; the RAF Falcons Parachute Display team free falling at speeds up to 120mph and a host of other exciting shows including the exhilarating scurry driving competition and the entertaining Ride and Drive Showjumping challenge where riders race horses and cars around the ring in the quickest time!
- For more information and a full list of what’s on at this year’s show please visit the Royal Norfolk Show’s website www.royalnorfolkshow.co.uk
And don’t forget tickets can be purchased online for the show and include free car-parking if purchased online before the first-day of the show.